961009: install problem: /usr/ucb/cc not installed

Yun He,

In the above message you wrote:

> Dear Steve,
>
> Now, I have followed your suggestion.  Still problems:
>
> error message in configure:
> libsrc/local_nc.h is unchanged
> /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed
> conftest: No such file or directory

You should try to use a Standard C compiler to compile the netCDF package.
Apparently, your environment get the Berkeley compiler /usr/ucb/cc
before the other, more standard compilers (/bin/cc, /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc).

I suggest the following:

    1.  Go to the top-level, netCDF source directory.

    2.  Execute a `make clean'.

    3.  Set your PATH environment variable to access the more standard
        utilities first (i.e ensure that `/usr/ucb' lies further along
        the string than `/bin' or `/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc').

    4.  Re-execute the `configure' script.

    5.  Re-execute the `make all'.

Please let me know if this helps.

--------