: 961002: lf90 compiler

>From:    address@hidden (Kresho Zic)

Kresho,

>Thanks for the prompt response.
>Characteristics of my system are as follows:
>
>MS-DOS Version 6.22
>Pentium 100 MHz
>math-coprocessor
>netCDF version 2.3
>
>Where do I get LLIBCE library from?

LLIBCE is the Microsoft C library.

>I have installed Microsof Fortran 5.1 Compiler
>asking for C compatibility but I still can not
>locate this library. Is this library part
>of Microsoft C compiler?

Yes.  You will need the Fortran and C libraries if you want
to do netCDF development on MSDOS systems.

>> I am trying to use Fortran lahey 90 compiler with netcdf.
>> I am having difficulties in compilig the program that
>> has been successfuly used on Unix with Unix version of
>> netCDF.
>>
>> The command I'm using is:
>>
>> lf90 my_code.f -c
>> lf90 my_code.obj jackets.obj fslen.obj -lib xdr -lib netcdf
>>
>> The linker responds with message that LLIBCE library is
>> not found. Is this library part of netCDF since I did
>> not find it within Lahey compiler?

As an aside, we have never tried using Lahey Fortran with netCDF.
The make file (msoft.mk), etc. that we provide are aimed at use
of Microsoft Fortran 5.1 and C 6.0.

I will be interested in your success or failure in using Lahey.