960830: Building netCDF on an Alpha running on Open VMS

David,

In the above message you wrote:

> Do you know of anyone who has successfully installed netCDF 2.4 on an Alpha
> running openVMS?  We tried a couple of  your suggestions without luck.
> Perhaps they have succeeded at RSI?

Sorry, no.  I don't know of anyone who has successfully installed netCDF
2.4 on an Alpha running openVMS.  Perhaps Russ does.

> Another posibility suggests itself.  I can have an account created on our
> Alpha for a member of your staff to experiment with the installation
> process.  If you would be interested, I will get the needed approvals.

We would, indeed, be interested.  Your system is one of the few that we
haven't experienced.  If you could set it up, we would be happy to do
what we can (though probably not 'til next week).

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>