960816: netCDF xdr_ link

Aaron,

In the above message you wrote:

> ...  Thus, a link-command should be
> something like the following:
>
>     ld ... -L/usr/local//lib -lnetcdf ... -lnsl
>
> The `-lnsl' argument references the network support library.
>
> ---------------
>
>    Do you mean that I should change the 'configure' or 'Makefile' or
> 'CUSTOMIZE' files?  Or, do I just insert the 'ld' when I compile the
> program 'gennet.for'?
>
>    I don't have much knowledge about 'Makefile'.

You shouldn't change the makefiles in the netCDF package.  They already
know about referencing the Solaris network support library when they
build the utilities ncgen(1), and ncdump(1).

You must, however, change the makefiles in any other package that you
build that uses the netCDF library.  Each linking of a netCDF-using program
should contain the argument `-lnsl'.

For forther information, see the manual pages on the cc(1), ld(1), and
make(1) utilities.

Please let me know if this helps.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>