Unidata Support: 960725: Cray Optimization, T90 status

Just to get this into the searchable archives ...

------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Thu, 25 Jul 1996 09:05:43 -0600
From:    Unidata Support <address@hidden>
To:      address@hidden
Subject: 960725: Cray Optimization, T90 status

>To: address@hidden,
>To: address@hidden
>cc: address@hidden (Ramesh Rao),
>cc: address@hidden (Koushik Ghosh)
>From: address@hidden (John Sheldon)
>Subject: Cray Optimization, T90 status

Hi all-

Just thought I'd let you know that Cray is still working on their XDR
and "m4" problems on the IEEE T90, but I've been told to expect things
to be ironed out within about 10 days.

Also, based on some additional user experiences here running netCDF
on our C90, I've updated our "README" document for optimizing netCDF
performance on Crays using FFIO.  See

   http://www.gfdl.gov/~jps/txt/README.IO_Optimization.txt

Part of the updates concern the use of a two-layer cache employing an
SDS layer, which has been fixed in the latest Cray libraries. If you
get a chance, take a look at it and let me know if you think I've
overlooked something.  Thanks!

Cheers-
John

------- End of Forwarded Message