950715: questions about installing netCDF

Dear Juan Heras,

In the above message you wrote:

>       I am Trini Morales, of Instituto Andaluz de Ciencias de la
> Tierra. I received your message last Saturday. I want to give yoy
> thanks for it. I am sorry, because I don't speak english well.

Mejor que mi Espanol, yo creo.

>       I intented to do that you indicated me, but I couldn't resolve
> my problem. I changed the $PATH variable and added it the next:
> /opt/gnu/bin/gcc (it's the subdirectory where gcc is). Too, I executed
> the commands indicated in the CUSTOMIZE file. But I didn't install the
> netCDF library.
>
>       Now, I show you the results when I executed the 'configure' script:
>
> creating cache ./config.cache
> checking for catman... catman
> checking for fill-value usage... new usage
> checking the installation prefix... /home/gmt/netcdf-2.4.2
> checking the installation exec-prefix... /home/gmt/netcdf-2.4.2
> checking for cc... no
> checking for gcc... no

The last two line above show that the `configure' script did not find a
C.  This means that it will not be able to compile anything.  This must
be fixed.

Would you please send me the following:

    1.  The pathname of the C compiler (/opt/gnu/bin/gcc?).

    2.  The output from executing the command `env'.

    3.  The file CUSTOMIZE.

I suspect that your environment variable PATH is bad.  Is there someone
there who knows about UNIX who can help you set it to the correct value?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>