Re: 960528: netcdf functinons

Hi Fabio,

> I tryed durisome days ago to download netcdf version 2.4.2 for I code I'm
> tryingto compile at Politecnico di Torino (Italy). I got this code from JET
> (England).After some problem (I'm a completlely new user for netcdf
> software) I could compile the libraryeies, and link them with the together
> with the code. Unfortunately, during linking I'v got some error messages I
> don. It seems the code uses some funciontions I' don't have. If yI try to
> look in the source files at the calling of these such functilons, they look
> much like netcdf calls, espacially because they use netcdf types for the
> data (like ncdouble, for exasmpmple).  So, I'm wandering if I'vve got the
> wront version of the softwarew I (I have netcdf.2.4.2-) I' or maybe I'mk
> not lionking all the files I should (I'm linkingthe file libnetcdf.a
> together with my code).  I had a first look at the Netcdf user's guide
> provided with the software, but it does'nt seems I can find the routines I
> need in andthe softwzapackage I have.Now I send you the list af the
> funcittion I can't findos I can't find. You'd be very kind if you can have
> a look and help me to find them, or just make clear for me why I dont''t
> have them at the momentwith the software.a__
>
> The funcittions are:
>
> bncr2ar1_
> bncr1ar1_
> bncrsca1_
> bnbcc2ar1_
> bnc1ar1_
> bnc1di2_
> bnc1di1
> bncsca1_
> bncgat1_

You have the right version of the software: netCDF version 2.4.2 is the
latest version.

I don't know anything about any of the functions in your list.  They are
not part of the netCDF library or any utility that I know of that calls the
netCDF library.

>From the names, it appears that they are supposed to be some sort of layer
of software that is above the netCDF library layer, but I don't know where
to get them or what their purpose is.

Perhaps they are supposed to be provided with the software you got from
JET?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu