Re: try netcdf-2.4.2 under Linux

Youcheng,

> I still get "Segmentation fault" when try "make all".
> Attached below are related files.

It turns out we need a copy of the output from running the configure script,
even if it appears there are no errors.  So please remove the config.cache
file, if there is one, and run configure with exactly the same arguments you
used before, and please send us the invocation line, the CUSTOMIZE file (if
you have changed it), and the output from running the configure script.

Also, instead of just running "make all", try running "make -n all" and see
if there is any output before you get a sementation fault.  This should tell
what program is being invoked that causes the segmentation fault (unless it
is "make").

Finally, see if you can change your configuration so that a core file is
produced for errors like this.  Often there is some user-defined
configuration parameter for the shell that determines whether programs can
produce core files.  A core file would help in diagnosing this problem.

Other Linux users have reported success in building netcdf 2.4 and 2.4.1 on
Linux systems, so we know it can be done.

--Russ