960419: #include<netcdf.h>

Keith,

In the above message you wrote:

>       I am trying to install the netcdf library and keep coming up with
> two errors.  The first one occurs when running the configure script and
> doesn't halt the execution of the procedure.  This leads me to believe
> that it's not a critical error.  Just in case it is, I've listed it here:
>

> creating nctest/Makefile
> creating doc/Makefile
> creating port/master.mk
> creating port/Makefile
> creating libsrc/local_nc.h
> libsrc/local_nc.h is unchanged
> ld: : malformed input file (not rel or archive)
> rm: conftest: No such file or directory

I've never seen this error, but it doesn't look good.

In order to help, I'll need more information.  Would ypu please do the
following:

    1.  Send me the output from the command `uname -a`

    2.  Go to the top-level source directory.

    3.  Remove the file `config.log' if it exists.

    4.  Execute the configure script.  Trap all its output and send it
        to me.

    5.  Send me the file `config.log'.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>