960409: "ncvarput: xdr_NC_fill"

John,

In the above message you wrote:

> > I haven't been able to duplicate the problem here.  Can you send me a
> > small piece of code that exhibits the problem.
>
> Easier said than done, but I'll try to hack something together when I
> can get some time - it could take a while...Any intuitive leaps you can
> pass on?  Maybe it'll help if I can zero in in something.  What would
> cause an error like that?

I think the following is happening.  Because prefill is enabled,
ncvarput() tries to fill the output array with fill-values.  It calls
the internal routine xdr_NC_fill() to do this. xdr_NC_fill(), in turn,
calls an appropriate XDR routine.  It's this XDR routine that's failing
on your system.  I don't know why.

xdr_NC_fill() is in libsrc/cdf.c.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>