960319: new netCDF on old VMS: sorry, no DECC

Mike,

In the above message you wrote:

> We have VAXC v 3.2.  DECC isn't an available option.  We could probably dig up
> GNU C if that would help...

Ah so!

The problem is that there are some incompatibilities between VAXC and
DECC w.r.t. the build procedures.  The only OpenVMS machine I have
available uses DECC by default.

I've modified the `makevms.com' files to explicitly use VAXC and tested
them on the MicroVax.  Try getting the latest netCDF release (2.4.1) and
building it.

Please let me know if this helps.

--Steve