Re: 960313: ncgen bug

>From: address@hidden (Christine C. Molling)
>Subject: ncgen bug

Christine,

At your convenience, please try the new minor release of netCDF version
2.4.1, available from

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf.tar.Z

or just apply the diffs from version 2.4, which are available at

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/diffs-2.4-2.4.1

I believe this fixes the bug you reported in ncgen, among other things:

> Upon entering 'ncgen -b test.CDL' I get the error message
>
> ncgen: test2.CDL line 69: too many values for this variable, 36 >= 36
>
> The netcdf file is created, but the variable timelabel is empty. Even
> if I eliminate some characters (so that length < 36), I get the same
> error.  If I change the 'timelabel =' line to a single string
>
>     timelabel = "JANFEBMARAPRMAYJUNJULAUGSEPOCTNOVDEC";

Thanks again for reporting the problem, and please let us know if you
discover any more.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu