Re: 960304: ftp-ing netcdf

>To:       address@hidden
>From: "John A. Roberts" <address@hidden>

Hi John,

> I have been trying to ftp netcdf from your archives for several days now
> without success.  Generally what happens is that the process bombs for a few
> minutes (usually after very little has been transferred) and then I get the
> following error:
>
> 421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
>
> Do you know what is going wrong, and can you help.

I don't know what the problem is, since several European sites have managed
to FTP the entire netCDF distribution successfully since it was announced.
Our FTP logs show that since 1 March, sites in the UK, Italy, France,
Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Russia have all
downloaded the complete FTP distribution.  The address I have for the UK
download is address@hidden, in case you want to try contact him for a copy.

I have also posted a note to the netcdfgroup mailing list asking for a
European site to volunteer to be a mirror site for our software.  If I get
any volunteers, I'll let you know.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu