960101: problems with build under linux

Ira,

> To:       address@hidden
> cc:       address@hidden
> From: address@hidden (ira ekhaus)
> Subject: problems with build under linux
>
> I'm trying to get the netcdf libraries up on my linux box .  I just
> downloaded the netcdf.tar.gz file, and after an uneventful configure,
>
> linux% make  all
>       returns
> linux% Segmentation Fault
>
> The patches all say that they are superceded by the recent tar file,
> Is there anyone who has built this under linux, or has other suggestions?

I didn't know there was a .gz distribution of the netCDF pacakge.  I
couldn't find it on our FTP server.

Would you please do the following

    1.  Go to the top-level source directory of the netCDF distribution

    2.  Send the contents of file VERSION to me.

    3.  Execute the command `make clean'.  Don't worry if it fails.

    4.  Ensure that the file `config.cache' doesn't exist.

    5.  Execute the command `./configure'.  Trap the output and send it
        to me.

    6.  Send the contents of the file `config.log' to me.

    7.  Execute the command `make'.  Trap the output and send it to me.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>