951229: netCDF question

Hiryong,

In the above message you wrote:

>  Thanks for your reply.
> I think we come near the goal.
>
> the problem is how to hendle the NCDUMP and NCGEN.
> I tried it one time without any written guide.
> Of course, not succeeded.
>
> How Can I find the 'NETCDF user's guide'?
> If you told me first this, we did not have
> to do so many efforts.

The netCDF User's Guide is available at the following URL

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/guide.ps.Z

It is a PostScript file that has been compressed by the UNIX `compress'
utility.  It must be uncompressed and printed on a PostScript printer.

Alternatively, the guide is on-line at URL

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guide.txn_toc.html

Information on how to use NCGEN and NCDUMP can be found here.

> I found one file of 'GUIDE.PS', but not readable.
> I have gotten another file, in which one paper
> on the NETCDF using listed.
> But this file is not readable either. I think
> these files are written in 'ps' format, not in
> ascii format.

Correct.  The `.ps' extension means PostScript.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>