Re: 951213: netCDF strings, BUG: in ncdump

>From: Bernhard Wagner <address@hidden>

Bernhard,

> Thanks for the new patch for ncdump. It works fine.

Great.

> Which patch level do you recommend?
> on
>   gopher://groucho.unidata.ucar.edu:70/11/anon.ftp/netcdf
> I found
>       netcdf-2.4-beta.tar.Z
>       netcdf-2.4-beta4.tar.Z
>       netcdf-2.4-beta5.tar.Z

The first is just a symbolic link to the latest version, in this case beta5.
I've deleted the beta4 and recommend the beta5, though I'll probably be
putting out a beta6 next week.  The differences are in the RELEASE_NOTES
file, available from

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/RELEASE_NOTES

or the "What's New with netCDF" document at

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/whatsnew.html

Incidentally, it's better to use a web browser or FTP to get this stuff,
because I have a hard time keeping the auxiliary gopher files up to date,
and we will soon be abandoning gopher.

--Russ