Re: 951129: installing netCDF

Andrew,

In the above message you wrote:

> I am in the process of installing the netCDF software on a Silicon
> Graphics "Indy" to be used by "GMT" - Generic Mapping Tools.  The
> installation process was working smoothly up to the "make install"
> segment.  Apparently, the Makefile scripts have the install command:
>
>  /sbin/install -c [etc. etc.]
>

> but install on the SiliG doesn't recognize the "-c" option.  Removing
> the option doesn't help:

I suggest that you replace the use of the install(1) utility in the file
port/master.mk.in with the cp(1) utility (the `-c' option of the
install(1) utility tells it to copy the file rather than move it).
After you've done this, then remake the makefiles by executing the file
config.status, which is in the top-level source directory.

Please let me know if the fixes your problem.

The next release won't have this problem.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>