951116: fan-1.1.5 on SunOS 4.1.3_U1

Pete,

In the above message you wrote:

> I've just got fan-1.1.5.  I had problems compiling it on our Sparc II
> using SunOS 4.1.3_U1, and solved them by doing the following:
>
> 1     Use gcc
> 2     customise the LIB variable to use the strerror.o from satan (there
>       isn't a native strerror call on our system) and to place the
>       math library at the END of the libraries used in the link
>       phase.   I made it compile by editing the CUSTOMIZE file as below:
>
> Hope this helps.
> Pete

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately, we don't have access to a SunOS 4.1.3 system anymore.
Nevertheless, I'll see what I can do about incorporating your
experience.

May I suggest that you think about obtaining the unbundled SC3 compilers
from Sun.  They should make it easier for you to build packages which
rely on standard features.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>