Re: 951115: netCDF on NT

>From: "Susannah Bloch" <address@hidden>

Hi Susannah,

> Last week I wrote and asked about compiling netcdf under Windows NT.
> You suggested I ask the mailing list, so I did, and Donald Denbo said
> that he had compiled the libraries successfully and that his changes
> were in the latest beta release.  So, I downloaded that and compiled
> it, but two of the files in the libsrc directory look for a file called
> "winnt_io.h," which I somehow didn't get.  Could you send me a copy of
> this file, or tell me where to find it?

Sorry, that file and a couple of others needed for Windows NT were
inadvertently omitted.  I've created a new netcdf 2.4 beta release that
includes the missing files, and made it available in

   ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-2.4-beta.tar.Z

which is a link to netcdf-2.4-beta3.tar.Z.  Please let us know if there are
still problems with this on Windows NT, as we don't have access to a test
platform for Windows NT here yet.  I'd also like to hear if you are
successful in building and installing from this version, because then I
could announce that the new beta release works on Windows NT.  Thanks.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu