Re: NetCDF contributions

Hi Mike,

>       I have some NetCDF utilities for the NextStep platform.  What do I
> need to do to uploiad them to your 'user contribution' site?

We have security restrictions that make it awkward to allow writing to our
FTP server, but I will be happy to put your package on our anonymous FTP
server for others to access if it meets the "contrib criteria" and if you
can make it available to me in some form, e.g., anonymous FTP, WWW,
uuencoded email, a MIME email attachment, or uploading to some other FTP
site that I can access ...

The criteria for inclusion in the netcdf/contrib/ directory and catalog of
user-contributed netCDF software are:

  - General usefulness to a significant part of the netCDF community
  - Small size
  - Infrequent need for updates
  - Free availability

Alternatively, if you have something that doesn't meet one of the criteria
above or that you want to maintain locally but make available to others and
have publicized in our list of netCDF software, I can provide a short
description and a link to your FTP or WWW site from our list of such
software at the URL

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu