951027: Netcdf 2.4 Beta 2 won't build under Irix 6.1

Robert,

In the above message you wrote:

> I was a little sheepish about this, but then I noticed that our
> configure.logs are quite different (the interesting bits I've included
> below). Have you changed things, or did I run configure incorrectly?
>
> Many thanks, in any case.
>
> Robert
>
> pincus@anchor% diff ~pincus/netcdf/src/configure.log \
> ~guest/netcdf-2.4-beta2/src/configure.log
>
> 17c17
> < checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
> ---
> > checking for makeinfo... no
> 26c26
> < checking type of internal netlong... int
> ---
> > checking type of internal netlong... long
> 29,30c29,30
> < checking type pointed to by inline XDR function... netlong
> < checking XDR library for xdr_getint()... no
> ---
> > checking type pointed to by inline XDR function... long
> > checking XDR library for xdr_getint()... yes
> 55c55,65
> < libsrc/local_nc.h is unchanged

Well, the above difference are critical and would cause the netCDF
package to fail.  I don't know why the differences would exist, however,
especially since both executions of the configure script found the same
compiler (cc).  Could you have had a leftover `config.cache' file from a
prior run of the configure script on a different platform?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>