Re: 950920: C++ interface

Hi John,

> I am involved in a project that is changing to use NetCDF. In reading the
> user's manual, I found a note that a C++ interface is being examined. Our
> project is a C++ based project and I was wondering if we could have access
> to the C++ interface?

The code for the C++ interface is in the current release, available from:

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-232pl4.tar.Z

in the c++/ subdirectory.  It's not built by default, you have to invoke
"make all test" from the c++/ subdirectory.

We will shortly announce a beta test of netCDF 2.4, which has some additions
to the C++ interface, some backward compatible changes, and some portability
enhancements.  A couple of groups have been using the C++ interface with
success for about a year, so it's getting more mature.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu