Re: 950824: XDR problem with ncopen

John,

> Thanks for the help - and the insight into IRIX 5....
>
> Just wanted to let you know that I got "gennet" to work OK when I
> uncommented out the "include 'netcdf.inc'" line...and I did not need
> the libsun.a in the link. Wonder why that include was commented out
> anyhow?  May be some initialization assumptions changed with
> IRIX 5 ?? ...

Thanks for reporting what the real problem was.  Maybe the include line was
commented out because different f77 compilers have different syntaxes for
"include", since it wasn't part of the Fortran 77 standard.  Anyway, that
explains the problem: since NCNOWRIT in the NCOPN call wasn't declared, it
got declared implicitly and initialized with some random value.  If an
IMPLICIT NONE declaration had been used in the Fortran program, it would
have caught this error.  I've uncommented the include line in the gennet.f
in our ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/contrib/ directory and CC:ed
Barry on this reply to let him know there was a problem with the gennet.f
we've been making available.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu