Re: OS/2 Version of netCDF

Hi Charley,

> I was looking for a reccent OS/2 version and was
> unable to find one.  Are you still supporting OS/2.
> If not, possibly I could help.  We use the netCDF
> package as part of a product for analytical instrument
> control to support common data interchange between
> several vendors.  Sponsored by the Analytical
> Instrument Association.

The latest released version (netcdf 2.3.2pl2) was built and tested on both
MSDOS and OS/2 platforms, and passed our tests in both cases.  We intend to
test the next version (2.4) on MSDOS and OS/2 platforms to make sure it
works there.  We've never done anything explicitly for OS/2, but just ported
to MSDOS and noted that that version seemed to work fine on OS/2.  We have
some compiled MSDOS libraries and executables for MSDOS that should work on
OS/2 as well in the directory:

    ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/msdos/

If the latest version of OS/2 requires something else, we'd like to know
about it and would appreciate any help you could provide in solving the
problems.  Thanks for the offer of help.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu