Re: 950512: netCDF

Hi,

> I would like to refer to netCDF in a paper. Could you please provide me
> with a reference to publication on netCDF?

Yes, here are several netCDF references from
<URL:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/faq.html#refs>:

Rew, R. K., G. P. Davis, and S. Emmerson, NetCDF User's Guide, An
Interface for Data Access, Version 2.3, April 1993. (Available
from Unidata or in PostScript form by anonymous FTP from
<URL:ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/guide.ps.Z>).
There is also a hypertext version of the User's Guide available at
<URL:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/guide.txn_toc.
html>.

Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, "NetCDF: An Interface for Scientific
Data Access," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, Vol. 10,
No. 4, pp. 76-82, July 1990.

Rew, R. K. and G. P. Davis, "The Unidata netCDF: Software for
Scientific Data Access," Sixth International Conference on
Interactive Information and Processing Systems for Meteorology,
Oceanography, and Hydrology, Anaheim, California, American
Meteorology Society, February 1990.

Jenter, H. L. and R. P. Signell, 1992. "NetCDF: A Freely-Available
Software-Solution to Data-Access Problems for Numerical Modelers".
Proceedings of the American Society of Civil Engineers Conference
on Estuarine and Coastal Modeling. Tampa, Florida. (Also available
as a PostScript file from
<URL:http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/netcdf.asce.ps>).

Fulker, D. W., "Unidata Strawman for Storing Earth-Referencing
Data," Seventh International Conference on Interactive Information
and Processing Systems for Meteorology, Oceanography, and
Hydrology, New Orleans, La., American Meteorology Society, January
1991.

Brown, S. A, M. Folk, G. Goucher, and R. Rew, "Software for
Portable Scientific Data Management," Computers in Physics,
American Institute of Physics, Vol. 7, No. 3, May/June 1993, pp.
304-308.

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu