Re: HRPT and CDR format for Ferret

Hi Robert,

> The Canada Centre for Inland Waters has established a HRPT ground station
> for NOAA AVHRR data.  The vendor supplied software for basic analysis.
> However, there are more extensive possibilities using FERRET according to
> the materials described on your Web site.  The data is logged to a PC,
> but there are UNIX work stations, which could be made available. Is there
> software available to translate the raw HRPT data to CDR format?  If so,
> can you advise me on its availabilty and use according to current
> conventions?  Thank you.

Sorry, I don't know of any software that deals with raw HRPT data and
translates it to other formats.  I don't even know what "CDR format" refers
to; it was my impression that FERRET dealt with netCDF data.

--Russ

Russ Rew                                           UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                              http://www.unidata.ucar.edu