950215: where are NetCDF Utilities?

Steven,

In the above message you wrote:

> I have a document titled "NetCDF Operators and Utilities" that describes
> a number of programs that I don't have.  I _have_ ncbarne, ncextr, and
> ncstat that I got from ncopers-1.1.4, but I don't have nccut, ncselect,
> etc.
>
> Are those embedded in ncopers and I missed them, or are they somewhere
> else?

The missing netCDF operators don't yet exist.  We had to postpone
working on them while we devoted our resources to developing an Internet
data distribution system.  I don't know when we'll return to them.

There's also the possibility that further development will take a
different tack.  For example, we might decide to implement the operator
suite using an interpreted "extention" language such as perl(1).

I hope this isn't too inconvenient.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>