950120: Status of compilatin of libnetcdf under IRIX6.0

In the above message you wrote:

>Steve, thanks for the advice and quick response.  I removed all
>references to libsun from the various makefiles and the compilation
>went to completion.  I'm including a copy of the makefile output
>in case I've overlooked something crucial.  The libnetcdf.f is
>created but fails the first test 'nctest' runs  it with the
>following remark:
>
>*** Testing nccreate ...        Segmentation fault
>
>Here's the makefile's output.  Hope there's a clue somewhere.  I ran
>make clean first.  I ran as root and had set my environmental vairalbe
>SGI_ABI to -64 again to be certain nothing unusual was afoot.
>Regards, Larry Rosen.

This will take a while.  The makefile log shows many compiler
warnings that we've never encountered before.  Consequently, we need to
go over them with a fine tooth comb.  Unfortunately, I'm busy with
something else at the moment, so I'm afraid you'll have to be patient.

In the meantime, would you tell me a little about IRIX 6.0 (we don't
have it here)?

    1.  What is the output from a `uname -s'?  Is it IRIX or IRIX64?

    2.  Is there an IRIX 6.0 (as opposed to an IRIX64 6.0)?

    3.  What are the significant compilation and link environments?

    4.  What does setting SGI_ABI to `-64' do?

    5.  What's the difference between an IP20 CPU and an IP21?

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>