Re: 950120: problem in installing the netcdf in the CRAY-C90 machine

Hi Ming,

> I tried to install the netcdf software on the CRAY-c90 machine at NMC.
> I first run "configure" and then run "make all".  The following are
> the msg. I got after entering "make all".  Could you give an idea what
> might be wrong.  Thanks.
>
> sn4021% sn4021% make all
>
> making `all' in directory /wd5/wd51/wd51mc/cai/netcdf/netcdf-232pl2/port
>
>         cc -c -I. -DNDEBUG -O uddummy.c
> cc-264 cc: WARNING in command line
>    -- Message #264 is not in the message catalog. --
> cc-951 cc: LIMIT in command line
>    -- Message #951 is not in the message catalog. --
> Make: "cc -c -I. -DNDEBUG -O uddummy.c": Error code 1

Did `configure' run successfully, or did it produce error messages?

The above error messages don't appear to have anything to do with netCDF,
but instead seem to indicate a problem with your environment or
configuration for compiling C code.  For example, the `configure' script may
have determined the wrong C compiler to use.

To determine whether this is the case, would you please try to compile the
following simple 2-line program (which you should put in a file named
"hello.c":

#include <stdio.h>
main() {print "Hello\n"; }

using the following two commands:

    % cc -c -O hello.c
    % cc hello.o -o hello

When you determine what is required to get this example to compile and link
successfully (for example setting your PATH so that the right C compiler is
found), try installing the netCDF software again.  If you still have
problems, please send us the output from running `configure'.  Thanks.

Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/                          Boulder, CO 80307-3000