Re: NetCDF on 64-bit SGI Irix 6.1 (R8000)?

Dave,

> The C seems to have some problems also.  'nctest' dumps core at the point
> where 'ncendef' is called; things are fine until the actual routine
> 'xdr_enum' is called, and then it dumps.  My microscopic XDR test
> programs work OK, so I'm assuming that xdr_enum is being called with bad
> arguments.
>
> I would be more than happy to let you use our machine for porting efforts,
> if you want.  Since you've already done a 64-bit port once, I assume it
> would be straightforward this time around.  If you'd like to do this,
> just let me know and I'll make an account.  We are running the tcp
> wrappers so you'd have to tell me what machine you want access from, also.

Thanks for the generous offer.  We looked at it superficially here and can't
see what is wrong without a machine to test on.  I'm CC:ing Steve Emerson on
this reply, since he did most of the work in porting netCDF to the 64-bit
DEC Alpha platform and would be the logical choice to work on the problem.

Access would be by address@hidden from the machine
ernie.unidata.ucar.edu.  If you would rather not reply with account
information via email, feel free to call either one of us:

    Steve Emmerson      (303)497-8648
    Russ Rew            (303)497-8645

--Russ

Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/                          Boulder, CO 80307-3000