950105: help on T3D

In the above message you wrote:

>I do
>    sh -x config.status >make.log 2>&1
>and system respond
>Ambiguous output redirect.
>
>So I do
>    sh -x config.status >& make.log
>
>and the attached is make.log.
>Let me know if I didn't do it correctly.  Thanks.

You did it correctly.

Here's the relevant portion of the output:

>+ cat
>+ 0<<
>#include <stdio.h>
>main()
>{
>    return readsub((char*)NULL) ? 0 : 1;
>}
>readsub(inpath)
>    char       *inpath;
>{
>    char       buf[2048], path[1024];
>    FILE       *fp     = inpath == NULL
>                               ? stdin
>                               : fopen(inpath, "r");
>    if (fp == NULL) {
>       (void) perror(inpath);
>       return 0;
>    }
>    buf[sizeof(buf)-1] = 0;
>    while (fgets(buf, sizeof(buf), fp) != NULL) {
>       if (sscanf(buf, "include%*[] \t[]%s", path) == 1) {
>           if (!readsub(path))
>               return 0;
>       } else {
>           (void) fputs(buf, stdout);
>       }
>    }
>    return 1;
>}
>1> conftest.c
>+ cc -o conftest conftest.c
> mppldr-133 cc: WARNING
>     Unsatisfied external references have been encountered.
>
> Unsatisfied external references
> Entry name      Modules referencing entry
>
> _BAR_BFR (equivalenced to $USX2)
>                 START
> _BAR_BMR (equivalenced to $USX1)
>                 START
> _barrier (equivalenced to $USX9)
>                 startc$c  abort$c
> _set_barrier (equivalenced to $USX11)
>                 abort$c
> _set_lock (equivalenced to $USX10)
>                 abort$c
> _sync_init (equivalenced to $USX4)
>                 startc$c
> _test_barrier (equivalenced to $USX12)
>                 abort$c
>
> mppldr-112 cc: WARNING
>     Because of previous errors, file 'conftest' is not executable.
>+ rm conftest conftest.c

It appears that the T3D has an unusual way of linking a program together.
The simple `cc -o conftest conftest.c' above didn't work.

You'll have to discover how to satisfy the above, unsatisfied external
references (i.e. what library contains them and how to reference them on
the cc(1) command-line).  I suggest using ar(1) on the system-supplied
libraries and reading the cc(1) manual page.

Let me know what you discover.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>