Re: 941212: WATCOM compiler support for netCDF

Hi Mike,

> After searching the netcdfgroup archive for compiler setups to
> generate 32-bit OS/2 netCDF libraries (and finding none) I decided to
> do my own.
>
> I noticed, however, that some others had desired compiler setups for
> WATCOM compilers.  Since I use WATCOM to generate OS/2 code I thought
> I would offer my setup to anyone else who could benefit from it.
>
> Attached is the UUENCODEd file "watcom.zip", a PKZIP file containing
> files named "WATCOM.MK" for the base netCDF directory as well as the
> directories xdr, libsrc, nctest, ncgen and ncdump.
>
> These files could be used to drive other DOS or OS/2 compilers with
> minimal modification since the compiler, linker and librarian
> specifications are contained only in the base makefile.
>
> I would appreciate you putting this in your "contrib" directory for
> others who could use it.

Thanks!  I'll put these in the contrib directory tomorrow.  Perhaps after
they are there, you could verify that I decoded the file correctly and that
it still works.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000