Re: netcdf on a Stardent Titan

Kate,

> > As it happens, address@hidden (Heinrich Billich) from
> > Institut fuer Geophysik, Universitaet Goettingen ran into similar problems
> > in porting netCDF to the Titan and provided some remarks on the port that I
> > have appended.
>
> So, was he successful in running all the tests after he made the
> listed changes?  I get through the xdr test and the cdftest, but get
> these errors:
>
> making `test' in directory /d0/kate/netcdf/netcdf-232pl2/nctest
>
> gmake[1]: Entering directory `/d0/kate/netcdf/netcdf-232pl2/nctest'
> ./nctest
> *** Testing nccreate ...        ok ***
> *** Testing ncopen ...          ok ***
> *** Testing ncredef ...         ok ***
> *** Testing ncendef ...         ok ***
> *** Testing ncclose ...         ok ***
> *** Testing ncinquire ...       ok ***
> *** Testing ncsync ...          *** test_ncsync: second ncopen failed
> FAILED! ***
> *** Testing ncabort ...         *** test_ncabort: ncopen failed
> Any suggestions?

As far as I know, he was successful in running all the tests.  I'm not sure
what might explain the different results you are seeing.  Maybe different
versions of libraries, compilers, OS, ...?  You might also be seeing a
problem resulting from leftover files from a previous "make" because "make
clean" may not have removed everything it should.  I'm guessing this may be
a problem from the "second ncopen failed" message above, but that may be
wrong.  Just to be sure, you might want to try Billich's modifications from
a new copy of the distribution, if you have the time.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000