Re: 941201: install netCDF problem

Hi,

>   I tryed to install NetCDF on our system(sunOS 4.1.3). When I
> type 'make all', I got error message said:
>
> make: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `sunx.m4'
>
> it happend when makeing 'all' in './fortran' driectory. What
> is it? Do you have any idea to correct it. I copyed sunos.m4
> to sunx.m4. It passed 'make all'. But I am not sure if it is
> right or not.

Evidently, you must have set `OS=sunx' before running `configure' (either as
a value to an `OS' environment variable, a line in the `CUSTOMIZE' file for
netCDF, or a command-line argument to the `configure' command).  That wasn't
necessary, since using the default or setting `OS=sunos' would have worked
fine.

However, copying `sunos.m4' to `sunx.m4' and rerunning `make all' would also
have gotten around the problem created by configuring with `OS=sunx', so it
should all be OK.  To make sure your result is right, just run `make test'
from the top-level directory.  If the test lines in the output that have
"***" in them look OK, then it worked and you can type `make install' to
finish installing netCDF.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000