Re: Trying the third possibility

Carl,

> Well, I've haven't had much luck finding Mosaic, Netscape, or Lynx for my
> poor little HP 9000/8x7 machine. I still have all these wonderful files that
> I can't quite use unless I want to try to ignore the codes embedded in them.

Here's where to get Mosaic, from the Mosaic Frequently Asked Questions list:

    NCSA Mosaic for the X Window System is available at ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu in
    /Mosaic.  Both source code and binaries (for Sun, SGI, IBM RS/6000, DEC
    Alpha OSF/1, DEC Ultrix, and HP-UX) are available. For more information,
    see the summary of availability and features of NCSA-supplied Mosaic 2.0
    binaries

    (You don't need to have Motif installed on your system to run NCSA
    Mosaic, if you pick up a precompiled binary. You do need Motif 1.1 to
    compile NCSA Mosaic, though.)

Netscape 0.94 beta is available for Anonymous FTP from the following sites:

     ftp://ftp.mcom.com/netscape/

Mirrored at:

      ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/net/infosys/Netscape
      ftp://ftp.barrnet.net/netscape
      ftp://ftp.uu.net/networking/info-service/www/netscape
      ftp://stones.com/pub/netscape
      ftp://src.doc.ic.ac.uk/packages/Netscape
      ftp://unix.hensa.ac.uk/ftp/pub/netscape
      ftp://ftp.luth.se/pub/infosystems/www/netscape
      ftp://ftp.riken.go.jp/WWW/netscape
      ftp://www.ntt.jp/networking/WWW/Netscape
      ftp://ftp.adelaide.edu.au/pub/WWW/Netscape

There don't seem to be any Lynx binaries for HP-UX.

> We, here at ChemWare, are just getting into the idea of using NetCDF and need
> to get our hands on just about anything pertaining to it. Of initial interest
> is the NetCDF User's Guide. I'm sure there will be additional wants and
> desires as time goes by.
>
> I grabbed the texinfo software, as you suggested, from MIT. I haven't found a
> way to get the document to paper, though.
>
> If you would, could you please send me a copy of the NetCDF User's Guide? It
> would be appreciated. Also, do you know where I can find a WWW browser that I
> can use offline to check out these documents and print them? (I'd prefer to
> find a HP 9000/8x7 utility, but I'll settle for a MS Windows 3.1x or ... ugh
> ... DOS utility.)

OK, I've mailed a printed copy to:

> Carl Olsen
> ChemWare, Inc.