Re: Request

Hi Malinda,

> I am searching for a copy of the _NetCDF User's Guide, Version 1.05_
> which was authored by you in January, 1990.

I have a copy that I can send you, although it's now out of date.  I assume
you want it to establish when it was first published?  If not, I can send
the NetCDF User's Guide for the current version of the software (2.3).

>                                              I called Unidata yesterday
> and they told me no one by the name of Rew worked there.

You must have called the wrong Unidata.  There is a company in Denver with
that name, but they have nothing to do with us and we had the name first.
The correct telephone number for the Unidata Program Center (where I work and
have worked since 1987) is (303)497-8644.

>                                                           We have been
> searching for this manual and so we decided to call you at your residence
> (since we assumed you were no longer with Unidata and had no way to
> contact you).  I apologize for the impostion of calling you at home.

No problem.  I got the message.

> This morning I did a Lycos search and found that you have your own home
> page on the web (thus finding your email address).

Very resourceful!  Isn't Lycos great?

> If you need further clarification please contact me.
> My phone number is 703-308-5174.  Please email or telephone me if you
> have access to Version 1.05 of the NetCDF User's Guide.

Please let me know where to send it.  I think this is my last copy of the
1.05 version.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000