Re: IDD stats from Auburn

> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 10:24:38 +0600
> From: address@hidden (Rodger R. Getz)
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: IDD stats from Auburn
>
> Are you getting my stats mailing? Despite the problems with our feed due
> to John Kemp's crashing, we have started mailing you our stats file. Please
> confirm that you are getting them. We're still trying to get some minor
> Solaris things fixed up, but most everything appears to be ok.

the stats are here.  you can verify this yourself by connecting to our
web server.  the link to the current stats is on the idd homepage.
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu)

> We are having a problem with the HRS stuff. We never had the HRS service
> before (too much $$$) and don't know all the ins-and-outs of setting it
> up. I'm getting the following error in my console window:
>
> ld.so.1: ncgen: fatal: can't find file libnetcdf.so.2.2
> Killed
>
> and seeing the following in my ldmd.log file:
>
> Nov 16 16:16:51 rodger gribtonc[13697]: bad return (35072) from cmnd: ncgen
> -o data/GRIB/94111612_aP.nc etc/nps_aP.cdl
> Nov 16 16:16:51 rodger gribtonc[13697]: can't create netcdf file
> data/GRIB/94111612_aP.nc from etc/nps_aP.cdl
> Nov 16 16:16:52 rodger pqact[357]: child 13697 exited with status 1
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> - ---------------------------------------------------------------
> Rodger R. Getz                        Internet: address@hidden

i suspect that you have an old version of the netcdf package.  we no longer
use dynamic libs.  get the latest from our ftp server (in pub/netcdf) and
build it.  you could also set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable prior
to starting the ldm so that it includes the path to the directory that
contains the libnetcdf.so.2.2 file, but i would suggest the former course
of action.

mitch
Mitchell S. Baltuch                        Unidata Program Center
Software Engineer                          Univ. Corp for Atmospheric Research
address@hidden                     WWW: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/