Re: Not-Really-a-Bug Fix Request

Hi Karin,

> We routinely use ncgen in our C programs to generate netCDF files
> - --the only way do this is to invoke ncgen via the system() call,
> which issues a shell command.  Anyway, this has given us some
> problems recently.
>
> It would be nice to have a function that would take the CDL filename
> and output filename as its arguments, and create the netCDF file,
> returning its completion status.   For those who use ncgen to generate
> source code, it would no longer be necessary to regenerate the code
> and recompile everytime the CDL file changes.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've added this to our growing list of desirable
netCDF enhancements.  We intend to work on these when we can get back to
netCDF development and produce a new release.  I hope to resume netCDF work
before the end of this year.

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000