Re: netcdf question

Hi Rachel,

>       I'm working with someone else's code and I'm running
> into an error.  Pete Morreale told me that you may have a
> clue or at least point me in the right direction.  The
> error is:
>
> ncvarget: time_offset: Invalid Coordinates
>
> but the program never calls ncvarget.  Any suggestions?

This error message means either a scalar variable is being accessed with one
or more indices as if it were a vector or multidimensional variable, or a
vector or multidimensional variable is being accessed with too many
coordinates or with indices outside the range of valid indices for one or
more of its dimensions.  The netCDF variable is "time_offset".

ncvarget() may be called by ncvarget1(), or perhaps some other function in a
library you are using calls ncvarget().  If you are using the Fortran
interface, then ncvarget() is called by the Fortran-callable subroutine
NCVGT().

> ps. is there a user group for netCDF?

Questions like this should ordinarily be sent to address@hidden, so
they will be forwarded to someone who can answer them even if I happen to be
away from my email.

but it is used for announcements, bug reports, or discussion of general
interest to netCDF users.

It's also possible to access our on-line database of answers to previous
questions about netCDF and our Frequently Asked Questions list by pointing
Mosaic or other WWW client at:

    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/

--
Russ Rew                                                UCAR Unidata Program
address@hidden                                          P.O. Box 3000