Re: netCDF on Apollo Domain

> Larry,
>
>       I understand you may have ported netCDF to the Apollo Domain
> platform?  Is that correct?
>
>       If so, is there any advice or information you could share with me
> on what coding differences were required?
>
>       Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks much.
> -Karla Shumway

> Karla Shumway                         Title: Systems Administrator
> NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory
> Research Lab 3, Rm A230                       voice: 303-497-6398
> 3100 Marine St, R/E/FS5                       fax:   303-497-3096
> Boulder, CO 80303                     Internet: address@hidden

The changes that I had to make for the Domain OS on the Apollos was very
minimal.  I had to change only 'configure' and create 'fortran/domainos.m4'.
I also changed 'CUSTOMIZE' for our site.  DomainOS allows you to specify either
BSD or SYSV as
the operating system.  We use BSD.  If you use SYSV you may need to make
different changes.  Most of the changes to configure involve specifying
the path for 'uname'.  It is available from SYSV but not BSD.
If you encounter any problems, feel free to contact me again.

Larry Oolman
Department of Atmospheric Science
University of Wyoming
address@hidden
307-766-2665

*** configure   Tue Sep 13 19:51:14 1994
--- configure.dist      Fri Jun 11 14:16:55 1993
***************
*** 130,138 ****
  #ifdef _AIX
  OS_aix
  #endif
- #ifdef apollo
- OS_domainos
- #endif
  #ifdef __DGUX__
  OS_dgux
  #endif
--- 130,135 ----
***************
*** 306,320 ****

  if test -z "$MACHINE"; then
  echo checking for type of machine
! #MACHINE=`uname -m | tr A-Z a-z`
! if [ $OS = domainos ]; then
! if test -z "/sys5.3/bin/MACHINE"; then
!   echo "MACHINE:machine hardware type:sun4c" >> conf.missing
! fi
! else
  if test -z "$MACHINE"; then
    echo "MACHINE:machine hardware type:sun4c" >> conf.missing
- fi
  fi
  fi

*** fortran/domainos.m4

divert(-1)

# Name of system platform (for use in comments)
define(`M4__SYSTEM', Domain)

# transformation from fortran name to name of C module
define(`NAMEF',`$1_')   # for Sun and most unixes, just append an underscore

# transformation from string name to corresponding argument name
define(`STRINGF',`$1')

# extra arguments, if any, for string length
define(`STRINGX',`, $1len')  # one extra stringlen parameter

# declaration to be used for argument name descriptor
define(`STRINGD',`
    char        *$1;    `$2'
    int         $1`'`len';') # declare argument string with extra stringlen
parameter

# declarations and initializations of canonical local variables
define(`STRINGL',`')

# C integral type equivalent to a FORTRAN INTEGER
define(`F_INTEGER',`int')

# FORTRAN declaration for a long integer (e.g. integer*4 for Microsoft)
define(`LONG_INT',`integer')

# FORTRAN declaration for a short integer (e.g. integer*2)
define(`SHORT_INT',`integer*2')

# FORTRAN declaration for an integer byte (e.g. integer*1 or byte)
define(`BYTE_INT',`byte')

# FORTRAN declaration for double precision (e.g. real for a Cray)
define(`DOUBLE_PRECISION',`double precision')

divert(0)dnl