Re: installing netCDF on Dec Alpha

In the above message you wrote:

>>Verify, first, that `-DSWAP' is specified to the C compiler in the makefile
>>libsrc/Makefile.
> Yes, -DSWAP is specified in the makefile, but
>
>>No.  The XDR library on my Alpha (OSF/1 version 2.0) works correctly.
>>
>>What version do you have?
>
>No I am currently using OSF/1 V1.3, but I will be upgrading to V2.0
>soon.  Could this be the problem?

It *might* be the problem.  Unfortunately, I can't be certain because I
don't have access to an OSF/1 V1.3 platform.  If the package passes
the tests that nctest(1) makes, however, then I would think that it's OK
-- we wrote nctest(1) to be quite aggressive in its testing.

--------
Steve Emmerson   <address@hidden>