Re: Question

>From: address@hidden (Thomas Heckman)

Tom,

>I am wondering if netCDF in any form is available commercially from
>anyone who may have picked up support.

I sure hope not since it is copyrighted software.

>I would like to use a
>broadly accepted standard and one that will be around for a while,
>but in this particular case I also need standard government QA
>documentation.

The netCDF is supported by several commercial applications (like Dicer from
Spyglass Software), but it is "owned" by Unidata/UCAR.

>A commercial supplier that charged for the package
>would be sufficient, but QA in any form may be acceptable.

Sorry.  Does the fact that it is in use at other major government labs help
(e.g. LLNL, Los Alamos, Scripps, MIT Lincoln Labs, PNL, etc)?

>Please let me know of any QA documentation or third party support,
>if any, for netCDF.

You should check out the FAQ for netCDF on our server which is accessible by
Gopher.  This may help you.

Tom Yoksas