Re: netcdf

> From address@hidden Fri Jan 14 12:13:29 1994
> Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 14:11:35 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Lori J. Juergens" <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: netcdf
>
> Hi,
> I've been using netcdf compiled for a DEC ultrix_4.2 and am now trying to
> compile it for an alpha_osf1.  Besides a few warnings, the compilation bombs
> when trying to make "test" (testing the xdr).  The error is something like
> "unaligned process pid 10862...........assertion failed:xdr_vector(.....
> ), file xdrtest.c, line221...core dumped. exit 134"
> Has anyone ever tried compiling for this machine OR is there a new
> version that is compatible OR do you have any ideas/suggestions of what is
> wrong?  Thanks very much for your help.
>
> Lori Juergens

You don't say what version of netCDF you are using, but
the symptoms are consistant with problems with earlier
releases. We had to port netcdf to Alpha. That work is in
the current release, 2.3.2.

If I'm not understanding your problem properly,
please send you questions to address@hidden.
Be sure to include the version of netcdf (and patch level)
and the OS version.

(By sending the questions to support, you will get a response even
if I'm gone...)

-glenn