[McIDAS #QCS-626849]: Shaded relief maps

Hi Kwan,

re:
> Have not chatted for a while.  Hope things are fine on your end.

I'm doing well, thanks.  And you?

re:
> I am thinking of making shaded relief map backgrounds (e.g. see
> attachment).  Is there a way of doing that in McIDAS?

The only way would be to create an image of the values, appropriately scaled
of course, and then develop an enhancement that gives the shaded relief
look.  This is what was done for the TOPO images that are distributed with
Unidata McIDAS-X.  They are useful, but they are not nearly as nice as the
shaded relief that you can produce in the IDV or McIDAS-V.

re:
> Thanks again,

No worries.

Ticket ID: QCS-626849