[McIDAS #ASQ-581363]: McIdas request

Hi Adrian,

re:
> Good afternoon, I would like to download McIDAS for research purposes.
> I am currently studying for my Atmospheric Sciences Ph.D. at FIU,
> and It would be helpful to have a platform like this one to study
> hurricanes in greater details.

OK.  Do you have an FIU email address?

The reason I ask is that we (Unidata Program Center/UCAR) are licensed to
distribute McIDAS-X to U.S. universities, not individuals or commercial
or government entities.  The picture gets a little fuzzier when the
entity in question (you, in this case) are a student at a U.S. university
that wants to use McIDAS-X in pursuit of your degree.

If you have an FIU email address, you should be able to register with the
Unidata website using that email address and then be automatically granted
access to our version of McIDAS-X, Unidata McIDAS-X/-XCD.  If you do not
have an FIU email address, then it would be easiest if a faculty member
at FIU registers with our website using his/her FIU email address and
does the download for you.

Ticket ID: ASQ-581363
Department: Support McIDAS