[IDV #JNF-919753]: IDV and windspeed and direction grids

> OK Yuan,
>
> I'm blundering through.  The terms all seem illogical for what you say to
> do, but it is giving results.  Now I find that the meteorological grid from
> the Hurricane Center uses "direction from which" for DIR.  Are there any
> functions or options in IDV to conver this to "direction toward which" the
> ocean convention?
>
> Murray

IDV is using a alias table to tell if the variable is the wind speed. The
system default table contains most commonly used variable names for wind speed
and wind direction. But, in your case, the variable name of speed and direction
are different and not recognized. This is why you can not get the derived wind
vector. Hope this explanation make sense.

Yuan

Ticket ID: JNF-919753
Department: Support IDV