[IDV #REC-248405]: inconsistency in subsetting

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: REC-248405
> > Department: Support IDV
> >
> I am still not very clear. If I uncheck "use default" in "Region" and
> "Stride" subset panel for a specific variable, and change the spatial
> subsetting from the properties panel, should the changes get transmitted
> to the specific variable subset panel or not.
> I hope I am communicating clearly.

In general, the subset panel has higher priority than property panel, but only
apply to specific variable.

> Take the following snapshots. I load a datasource.
> And uncheck "use default" TIR1 Temperature Region and Stride "subset"
> panel. (snap1.png and snap2.png)
> And then try to change region and stride from properties panel. (snap3.png).
>
> But there is no effect on the TIR1 temperature region and stride
> "subset" panel. Is this expected feature?

Yes, this is the designed logic.  The value in the subset panel overwrites the
value in the property panel.

> I think it should get transmitted down the line if "use default"  is
> unchecked.

I think you mean checked here.
If you go back to "use default", then, the value from property panel is used.
But it doesn't refresh the value in the subset panel. You can think this as
"bug", and find a solution if you have time.

Yuan

> See attached snapshots.
>
> regards
> Ghansham