20030703: UGa upgrading to latest LDM-6

>From: "Thomas L. Mote" <address@hidden>

Hi Tom,

>BTW, I am running ldm-6.0.13 on cacimbo.

OK, thanks.  Since we are not receiving real time statistics from you,
I would guess that you never added the needed 'exec' line into the
the ~ldm/etc/ldmd.conf file on cacimbo.  Here is the
line that is needed:

exec    "rtstats -h rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu"

This should be the last 'exec' line in your ldmd.conf file.

After making this change, you will need to stop and restart your LDM
to make the change active:

ldmadmin stop
ldmadmin start

If this line is already in your ldmd.conf file with no errors, it means
that your firewall may be setup to not allow traffic from your LDM to
machines in the unidata.ucar.edu domain.  I mention this since we
can not do an ldmping from machines in our domain to cacimbo:

% ldmping cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
Jul 03 19:22:31      State    Elapsed Port   Remote_Host           rpc_stat
Jul 03 19:22:41 SVC_UNAVAIL  10.012004    0   cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu
h_clnt_create(cacimbo.ggy.uga.edu): Timed out while creating connection

If there is a firewall configuration issue, we would appreciate you
contacting your network/sysadmin folks to allow the connection
(bidirectionally if possible).  The real time statistics reported back
by rtstats allow us to closely monitor the health of the IDD and make
changes if, when, and where needed.

Thanks in advance...

Tom