20141125: Compiling and Running LDM and GEMPAK on Solaris 11.2

Hi Robert,

Instead of trying to answer your questions below directly, I am driving
them into our inquiry tracking system so that others here in the UPC can
jump in and help.  I must quickly say, however, that we do not have a
system running Solaris 11.2, so it is very likely that one or more of us
will be asking permission to login to your machine so we can investigate
the problems you are having more directly.

>My name is Robert Haley.  I am the Weather Systems Administrator at
>Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.  I work with Dr. Chris Herbster and
>Dr. Fred Mosher to keep our server cluster running to support classroom
>instruction, research activities, flight planning, weather safety, and
>other services.  Part of that cluster includes a Sun Fire X4540 data
>server, which is our primary weather data processor and storage server.
>We recently upgraded this server to Solaris 11.2, but have run into some
>problems compiling and running the LDM and GEMPAK on this system.
>
>The first problem, though not fatal, was the LDM HTML tutorials failed
>to install.  I've attached make.log for you to look at.  The second
>problem, also not fatal, was a gzip error in gempak-7.1.1.sol.tar.gz
>while uncompressing HTML docs.  I've attached a text file with the output
>from gzip.
>
>The third problem we're encountering is a show stopper.  pqcreate errors
>out and fails to make the queue.  Here's the message:
>
>[ldm@wxthumper ~]$ ldmadmin mkqueue
>Nov 25 19:06:13 pqcreate[20501] ERROR: assertion "pq->ixo > pq->datao" failed:
>file "pq.c", line 4197
>make_pq(): mkqueue(1) failed
>
>I did some Googling and saw the response to this problem is usually
>"that's weird, can I take a look at your system?"  If you could help us
>solve this problem, or point in the right direction of who can, I would
>really appreciate it.  Thanks!
>
>Sincerely,
>Robert Haley
>
>ATC Lab Technician/Weather Systems Administrator
>Applied Aviation Sciences
>Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
>Office: (386) 323-8033
>address@hidden
>[email-ERAU_DB_TM]

* Tom Yoksas                                            UCAR Unidata Program *
* (303) 497-8642 (last resort)                                 P.O. Box 3000 *
* address@hidden                                  Boulder, CO 80307 *
* Unidata WWW Service                            http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/*