[GEMPAK #SMA-210395]: Compiling and Running LDM and GEMPAK on Solaris 11.2

> The first problem, though not fatal, was the LDM HTML tutorials failed
> to install.  I've attached make.log for you to look at.  The second
> problem, also not fatal, was a gzip error in gempak-7.1.1.sol.tar.gz
> while uncompressing HTML docs.  I've attached a text file with the output
> from gzip.

Hi Robert,

I wanted to respond to your GEMPAK question, and let Steve Emmerson respond to
your LDM questions.

This is the first I've heard of this gzip error, and I'm happy at least that
it's not fatal.  Are you able to run the GEMPAK solaris executables without any
trouble?  If the installed programs work, I only need to address the gzip error
on the gtk documents in that tarball.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, CO